The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is calling for
independent reviews of almost 4.5 million loans. According to the OCC,
Bank Foreclosure Examiners will review the self-assessments, corrective
actions, and any determinations of financial harm and related
remediation in the next quarterly review or examination of the bank.
This applies to such major banks as Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase,
Citigroup, Ally Financial, among others, and could affect as many as 4.5
million loans that faced foreclosure action.
In response to this
action, Mortgage University® has teamed up again with the National
Association of Mortgage Underwriters® (NAMU®) to offer a proprietary
"professional development" training & certification program
entitled: Certified Bank Foreclosure Examiner (NAMU®-CBFE)
, which combines a 6-hour live, instructor-led online training webinar with a 30-question exam & background check.
- Background: History of the Crisis, Risks of a weak foreclosure process
- Current Actions/Proposals in Place
- Definitions and Terminology
- Review of Docs
- The Agencies: Short definition of each agency, their roles & current standards/proposals
- Fed, OCC, FDIC, OTS, HUD, Dept. of Justice, FHFA, Attorney's General
- Agency Enforcements and Proposals
- OCC Review and Enforcement Actions: OCC Interagency Review and Supervisory Response
- FHFA Review; Additional Reviews and Proposals
- Uniform Standards: Discuss Current Standards in Place
- FDIC Compliance Reference Manual
- HUD Handbook
- HAMP Programs and Agency Requirements
- American Legal and Financial Network; Default Title Standards
- Looking Ahead - Updates
- Expectations of Updates and Further Enforcement Actions to Come
- The Need for Qualified Bank Foreclosure Examiners
- The Need for Uniform Standards Amongst the Agencies
- Nevada Foreclosure Law in Effect as of Oct. 1st 2010
- All 50 State Attorneys General are Pursuing Actions
- Open Forum Q&A - Ask the Expert
- And Much, Much More!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- 6-Hour Live, Instructor-Led Webinar
- 30-Question Exam (Score 85% or Higher)
- Must Pass a Criminal/Sex Offender Background Check
- All Course Material Included
- NAMU®-CBFE Certificate Mailed to You
- FREE Unlimited Training for 1 Year
- Job Placement Resources (Upon Request)
This bank foreclosure reviewer training and certification is
ideal for mortgage processors, underwriters, brokers, compliance
officers, closers and post-closers who would like to add the bank
foreclosure examination component to their skill set.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. You need a Computer, Internet Connection (DSL speed or higher), and
2. Each day of class you will be emailed an invite with your
log-in/password. From here, you can click the link, enter your
password, and download/print that day's course materials. Finally,
you'll be able to log into the class up to 1/2 hour before the class
3. Once the class starts, you will hear the instructor speak through
your computer speakers. You will also have the ability to ask questions
through the online chat feature located on the right-hand side of our
online training platform. We encourage you to ask LOTS OF QUESTIONS!
4. Once you have completed the class, you will be required to complete a
30-question exam (score 85% or higher). Also, must pass a criminal/sex
offender background check.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Theresa Furzland has 25+ years of experience ranging from origination,
processing, closing and post closing. During class Theresa works with
you directly to review and respond to all your questions. After your
class finished, feel free to email Theresa directly with any further
questions you may have.
You will need the following: 1) a Computer, 2) Internet (DSL or higher)
and 3) Computer Speakers. Please check beforehand to make sure these
items are working properly. Note: dial-up internet connection will not
work and wireless internet must have a full signal.
Upon successful course completion, you will be mailed your NAMU®-CBFE Certificate
within 5-7 business days.
"Your Bank Foreclosure Examiner certification was exactly what I needed.
I started reviewing bank foreclosures recently, and adding this
certification helped me find a new banking job! Not to mention, I was
very pleased with Theresa's depth of knowledge of
mortgage loans. Thanks for all your help!" - Peter Connors, Senior
Underwriter, Naples, FL
Our students come from such mortgage lending institutions as Bank of
America, SunTrust, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Fifth Third Bank, Eagle
Nationwide Mortgage, CitiGroup, Credit Unions and many more!
We are not owned, operated or affiliated with any State/Federal
Government Agency. The NAMU®-CBFE program is strictly a proprietary
"professional development" training & certification program which
NAMU® put together independent of any Government agency, including the