Learn the Due Diligence "Manual Underwriting" process from A to Z. Changing mortgage underwriting trends industry wide continue to call for further due diligence. As HUD, VA and investors nationwide continue to require more and more documentation and steer further away from documentation waivers, it can become difficult for an underwriter to determine exactly what documentation is appropriate for all circumstances. As a result, we are happy to announce a Due Diligence in Underwriting & Processing course designed specifically for underwriters & processors. This course will not only teach mortgage underwriters and processors acceptable documentation standards for Conventional, FHA and VA loan program types, but also to how to assess overall case file risk, determine when to downgrade to a refer and understand when documentation waivers are not acceptable.
Students will have the opportunity to view a variety of documentation and discuss scenarios that could lead to further requirements where acceptable documentation is concerned as well as develop the necessary skills to underwrite single family residential mortgage applications without relying on documentation checklists.
- Understanding Due Diligence "Manual Underwriting"
- Manual Underwriting
- Documentation Requirements
- Assessing Risk
- Assessing Financial Behavior
- Underwriting Activities
- Underwriting Beyond the AUS
- OPEN FORUM Q&A
- Live, Instructor-Led
- Fully Interactive Online Webinar
- FREE Unlimited Training for 1 Year
- 6 Hours Total (Morning & Evening Classes Available)
- All Course Material Included
- Certificate of Completion
- Job Placement Resources (Upon Request)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
A primarily focus on mortgage underwriters and loan processors who have not been exposed to the due diligence aspects of the loan process.
HOW IT WORKS:
- You need a Computer, Internet Connection (DSL speed or higher), and Computer Speakers.
- Each day of class you will be emailed an invite with your log-in/password. From here, you can click the link, enter your password, and download/print that day's course materials. Finally, you'll be able to log into the class up to 1/2 hour before the class start time.
- Once the class starts, you will hear the instructor speak through your computer speakers. You will also have the ability to ask questions through the online chat feature located on the right-hand side of our online training platform. We encourage you to ask LOTS OF QUESTIONS!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
As an active FHA Direct Endorsement Underwriter, Bonnie has 25+ years of Government underwriting experience working for several major FHA lending institutions. Bonnie also writes a weekly FHA Underwriting Blog for the National Association of Mortgage Processors (NAMP). During class Bonnie works with you directly to review and respond to all your questions. After your class finished, feel free to email Bonnie directly with any further questions you may have.
You will need the following: 1) a Computer, 2) Internet (DSL or higher) and 3) Computer Speakers. Please check beforehand to make sure these items are working properly. Note: dial-up internet connection will not work and wireless internet must have a full signal.
Upon successful course completion, you will be emailed your Certificate of Completion within 5-7 business days.